Prayer is defined as spiritual communication with a divine supreme being. Prayer is not always directed at God. Some pray to saints, to Jesus, to Buddha, etc. No matter who you choose to pray to, there are a few necessary components to praying effectively.
Here are a few secrets to effective praying:
- Prayers should be specific. Have you ever heard the expression, “Watch what you ask for, you just might get it”? Be very specific when you pray.
- Prayers must come from the heart and have “feeling” behind them, real, emotional feeling.
- When praying, be focused on the desired outcome. Visualize it as if it has occurred. Feel it.
- All prayers should end with a “thank you” and the acknowledgement (belief) that the prayer has been answered.
- The person praying must feel worthy of receiving.
What will you pray for today and how will you pray?
Matthew 6:7 "And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words."